Venesky-Brown Recruitment commits to ‘earn and learn’ by joining The 5% Club
Venesky-Brown Recruitment, a leading provider of staffing and project solutions predominantly for the UK construction and engineering industries, has showcased its commitment to developing its people by joining The 5% Club, an industry led initiative focussed on driving momentum into the recruitment of apprentices, graduates and sponsored students.
The 5% Club, initiated by Leo Quinn CEO of Balfour Beatty in 2013, is a movement of more than 300 employers providing ‘earn and learn’ opportunities to develop the skills and talents people need to become more employable and create meaningful careers.
As a member, Venesky-Brown signed The 5% Club charter and state they are:
– Committed to helping the UK’s growth agenda and acknowledge the importance of developing people as both a business and social imperative
– Playing their part in addressing youth unemployment and skills shortage.
– Pledging to work towards having a minimum 5% of their UK workforce enrolled on formalised apprentice, sponsored student and/or graduate development schemes within five years.
– Measuring and reporting on their progress annually against the above metric in their Corporate Social Responsibility section of the Annual Report and Accounts or equivalent document.
– Committed to encouraging other employers to participate in the campaign
Martin Cairns, Managing Director of Venesky-Brown Recruitment said: “Venesky-Brown are proud to be members of The 5% Club and show our commitment to both developing and attracting young entrants into the construction industry. Having been in the industry for over 30 years there has never been a more important time to do this. We are delighted that our apprenticeship programme has successfully produced some of the industry’s highest skilled individuals and we are eager to continue offering young people the same opportunity”
Lady Cobham, Director General of The 5% Club said, “We’re delighted to welcome Venesky-Brown into membership. The 5% Club provides a fantastic network of HR professionals, sharing and learning from each other. All our members share an ethos of creating a skilled workforce through ‘earn and learn’ development programmes, helping people develop meaningful career paths.”
To find out more information about The 5% Club and how to become a member, please visit www.5percentclub.org.uk or get in touch by emailing [email protected]. Information about the campaign can also be found on Twitter, and LinkedIn.